Join the MPS & APA!
Over 700 Maryland psychiatrists and physicians in psychiatric training already belong to the MPS – what are you waiting for?
The Maryland Psychiatric Society is the only organization in our state actively working exclusively on behalf of psychiatrists to ensure accessible, quality mental health services. The American Psychiatric Association – with more than 37,000 members in the U.S., Canada, and worldwide – is the voice of psychiatry for your patients and our profession. Together we offer advocacy, information, support, and educational opportunities to help you serve your patients and enhance your career
Some of the many membership tools to help psychiatrists succeed:
- Information on the latest treatment options
- Patient referral service, both online and by phone
- Medical liability insurance program tailored to psychiatrists
- Networking, CME events and so much more
Join the MPS Listserv
All active MPS members are invited to join the MPS listserv — a place where you can quickly and easily share information with other Maryland psychiatrists. An email message sent to the listserv goes to all the members who have joined. To join please contact the MPS office at 410.625.0232 or click here to send an email request. You will need to wait for membership approval and will be notified by email.
Are You Included in “Find A Psychiatrist?”
The Find a Psychiatrist feature on the MPS website allows the public to locate work address and phone information for members who have opted to be included in the service. It also helps users find psychiatrists who meet specified criteria, such as geographic location, languages spoken, etc.
- If you are not currently included in the search, but would like to be please send an email or call the MPS office at 410.65.0232. (To check whether you’re included, click “Advanced Search” and enter your last name in the field.)
- If the information listed for you is inaccurate, please send an email or call the MPS office at 410.625.0232 to provide updated information.
- Members have the option to be listed in our telephone referral service, but not on the website, and vice versa.
- Members can also update their profile information (including expanded insurance panels) directly through the member account on the MPS website.
- If you are unsure of your MPS ID needed to create an online account please contact the MPS office at 410.625.0232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The APA is improving its online experience for members. Your new psychiatry.org account will enable you to pay dues online, complete a profile to enjoy a more personalized membership experience, update your email communication preferences, and enroll in more than 90 free CME activities. If you haven’t already, you will need to reset your password the first time you log in.; select “Forgot Password” on the account log in page or call APA at 703-907-7300.
MPS Billing Practices
Annual MPS dues are based on a calendar year. The MPS sends invoices in October for the following year, with periodic follow ups to members who still owe. Members must pay dues no later than March 31 to avoid being dropped from both the MPS and the APA. Dues can be paid by check payable to MPS, credit card or other arrangement.