EHR Incentive Program Resources
To help eligible professionals successfully participate in the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs, CMS has posted new resources on the EHR Incentive Programs website.
- What You Need to Know for 2016: Eligible Professionals
- Specification Sheets: Eligible Professionals
- What’s Changed for the EHR Incentive Programs in 2015-2017
- Attestation Worksheets: Eligible Professionals
- Alternate Exclusions and Specifications Fact Sheet
- Public Health Reporting in 2016 Tip Sheet: Eligible Professionals
- Security Risk Analysis Tip Sheet
- Patient Electronic Access Tip Sheet
- Guide for Eligible Professionals Practicing in Multiple Locations
- Objectives and Measures Tables: Eligible Professionals
APA Resources for Electronic Health Records
Information and resources on health information technology topics are available on the APA website. Developed by the APA Committee on Mental Health Information Technology and APA staff, the topics include: guidance on choosing the right EHR; privacy and security (HIPPA and more); overview of national health information technology initiatives; and potential advantages of electronic prescribing.
In September 2016, the HHS Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology released an updated guide for health care professionals seeking to buy new EHR systems: EHR Contracts Untangled: Selecting Wisely, Negotiating Terms and Understanding the Fine Print.
Health IT Playbook offers practical information and guidance on specific topics as you research, buy, use, or switch EHRs.
See this news item on the October 2015 proposed meaningful use regulations