2018 Medicare EHR Incentive Program Payment Adjustment
The payment adjustment amount for the Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program is 3% for 2018. A new fact sheet is available, which includes:
- Payment adjustments
- Exceptions process
- Applicable hardship exceptions categories
For more information, visit the EHR Incentive Programs website.
Behavioral Health IT Resource
The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology has updated its Health IT Playbook with specific resources for behavioral health providers. In a series of three educational modules, the playbook describes the health care landscape as it relates to behavioral health IT, as well as guidance for adopting and implementing health IT into practice. The APA recently worked with ONC staff to update the behavioral health “Specialists” section.
EHR Incentive Program Resources
To help eligible professionals successfully participate in the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs, CMS has posted new resources on the EHR Incentive Programs website.
- What You Need to Know for 2016: Eligible Professionals
- Specification Sheets: Eligible Professionals
- What’s Changed for the EHR Incentive Programs in 2015-2017
- Attestation Worksheets: Eligible Professionals
- Alternate Exclusions and Specifications Fact Sheet
- Public Health Reporting in 2016 Tip Sheet: Eligible Professionals
- Security Risk Analysis Tip Sheet
- Patient Electronic Access Tip Sheet
- Guide for Eligible Professionals Practicing in Multiple Locations
- Objectives and Measures Tables: Eligible Professionals
APA Resources for Electronic Health Records
Information and resources on health information technology topics are available on the APA website. Developed by the APA Committee on Mental Health Information Technology and APA staff, the topics include: guidance on choosing the right EHR; privacy and security (HIPPA and more); overview of national health information technology initiatives; and potential advantages of electronic prescribing.