Parity Education Toolkit for Maryland
The Parity at 10 Campaign has developed a toolkit to improve awareness of the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act. It includes 5 separate one-pagers that help consumers and providers know what benefits are covered under the health insurance plan and/or what to do if treatment is denied treatment. This toolkit helps treatment providers respond to patient inquiries about insurance coverage, take action when insurance barriers arise, and feel more informed about the Parity Act. You can download the entire Maryland Parity Toolkit here and through the following individual links:
- Your Insurance Rights: Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Services
- Parity Warning Signs: Is Your Insurance Company Violating Your Rights
- Filing a Health Insurance Appeal – Maryland Medicaid Plans
- Filing a Health Insurance Appeal – Maryland Private Insurance Plans
- Provider Tips: Help Patients Respond to Insurance Barriers. This document links to a Complaint Tracker Tool that providers can use to track service denials.
More Parity Resources
To commemorate the 10th anniversary of the Parity Act, the MPS Payer Relations Committee hosted a seminar in October 2018. Please click the links below for detailed resources that psychiatrists can use in their practices.
Click here to download all of the items above.