The MPS sent comments to CMS about the proposed 2024 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, including coverage for telehealth. Five areas of input are below. Please see the comment letter for more details.
- Increase access to mental health and substance use disorder services by increasing Medicare participation by psychiatrists via better reimbursement and fewer administrative burdens.
- Maintain coverage and reimbursement for telehealth services, including audio only.
- Allow virtual supervision of residents delivering telehealth services.
- Increase the payment for add-on psychotherapy codes in addition to the proposed increase in payment for stand-alone psychotherapy codes.
- Delay the new MVP, including new cost measures.