On behalf of the Maryland Children’s Behavioral Health Coalition and the Mental Health Association of Maryland, we invite you to join us for a community forum to advance a shared vision for children’s mental health at a time of unparalleled need. This virtual Children’s Behavioral Health Forum will be held on October 18, 2021, 1-4 pm.
Despite four decades of reform efforts to realize a comprehensive behavioral health system for youth and families in Maryland and nationally, services and supports remain fragmented and inequitably available to those in need. The urgency of a unified effort to support youth has never been more important, given the societal challenges we face today.
The goals of this event are to:
- Assess Maryland’s progress to date
- Provide a forum for broad community input and discussion
- Align around a shared agenda to advance meaningful system reform
The agenda will include:
- An overview of the vision and progress to date in Maryland and nationally
- Perspectives from youth, family and community leaders
- A moderated conversation among participants to build consensus around a shared vision for the future and preliminary planning for next steps to move forward
A detailed agenda will be sent soon, but in the meantime, please RSVP to reserve your seat, and share this link with colleagues in the field. This is an open event and we’re looking forward to a robust conversation!
Register in advance for this meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUrc-qsrDMpG9JAJkb7I8RGwgDAFIPrFSsg